In our ‘Nine questions with’ series we’ll sit down with influential, passionate women within the real estate industry. For the first one, we sat down with Leanne Pilkington, Founder of the “Catch Up with the Property Girls” networking events, Managing Director of Laing + Simmons and President of Real Estate Institute of New South Wales (REINSW) to ask her ‘nine questions’.
- What is your earliest memory?
One of my earliest memories is playing with kittens on a Trampoline Falling head first off a rocking racing-car chair onto the sandstone at home – aged about 2.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
On a Contiki tour in the Greek Islands – SO HOT, I went into the shower area had a cold shower, jumped back into bed (still wet and naked) only to realise I was in bed with the bus driver, not my boyfriend.
- What is your most treasured possession?
My engagement ring.
- Who would play you in the film of your life?
Anyone but Angelina Jolie. Have always been Team Jen.
- What is your favourite smell?
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
- What does love feel like to you?
Now – Safe. Before – Like being dumped into the surf and not knowing when to catch your next breath.
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
Tele-sales – selling display space in a building information centre. I lasted three days.
- What do you love about Catch Up with the Property Girls the most?
The overwhelming support that is given by everyone in the group. And the fact that new attendees are always so surprised about that!