In our ‘Nine questions with’ series we sit down with influential, passionate women within the real estate industry. For this one, we sat down with Penelope Valentine, Director of Property Alchemy to ask her ‘nine questions’.
- What is your earliest memory?
Drawing the harbour bridge on my newly painted walls in my bedroom, I used a combination of crayons and my mum’s red lipstick.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
There are so many to choose from. In my early 20’s I was on a date and he made me catch the bus, I got so sick (I don’t do public transport) that I had to discreetly throw up in my handbag while I pretended to look for my wallet.
- What is your most treasured possession?
My Thermomix, it is reliable, saves me time and never complains.
- Who would play you in the film of your life?
- What is your favourite smell?
Jasmine at the beginning of spring.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Truffle pecorino and a large glass of Pinot Noir.
- What does love feel like to you?
Being unquestioningly adored for whom I am.
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
Working at a butcher for a friend, I had to wash up all the guts and offal from all the meat they brought in. I always left there smelling of blood and bleach. I lasted two weeks and was a vegetarian for 2 years afterwards.
- What do you love most about Catch Up With The Property Girls?
The networking, the insights they give you and the amazing team that run the show.